A 5-day walk a week for at least 30 min, at a moderate pace is helpful in your weight loss journey.
Most people are worried about weight gain and are always in search of something helpful to reduce weight. To reduce weight these days there are several options in the health sector such as yoga, exercise, and keto diets but still many of you are unable to get time for all of these. Therefore, you can take a simple route of weight loss in your busy schedule: A walk for weight loss.
As per health authorities, 10,000 steps in a day helps in burning more calories and that’s how easily you can lose weight.
A habit of routine walk
Weight loss is not a one-day task. All in all, you need to invest a number of days or months to get the benefits of walking.
- So, once you’ve decided to reduce your weight, make sure you build a plan for a daily walk and stick to it. Keep your target of losing weight in mind and start walking at a fixed time at least for 30 minutes in a day.
- Make sure to focus on several factors while walking such as being in a good posture, appropriate speed, and enough time.
- To track your walk, you can use any best-reviewed app that monitors the number of steps taken by you, the distance you have covered, and the total time taken.
- Besides all these plans, factors, and techniques for a routine walk, you need to improve your diet plan too.
- Moreover, to set your schedule, you need to fix your time and buy a pair of comfortable shoes, track pants, and t-shirts to begin this incredible journey of healthy weight loss.
If you are looking for any intense workouts or exercises along with your walking schedule, then you can consult the health experts. For any tips on fitness, diet, and exercises you can visit the Healthy Genre as this website has amazing tips and information for today’s basic health concerns. You can proceed with this practice in a gradual manner such as:
- In the first week, you can start with a 15-minute walk for 5 days.
- Then in the second week, you can increase the timings by 5 to 10 minutes as per your comfort.
That’s how you can keep the consistency for your healthy weight loss journey.
Various health benefits of walking
According to health experts, it is recommended to do a brisk walk for 30 minutes per day (150 minutes per week) to maintain overall good health. FYI, doing a daily walk helps in reducing several health risks for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and other conditions. Some of the health benefits are:
1. Maintain or lose weight
Walking is all about burning calories and hence you can easily maintain or lose weight without spending a single penny. However, the number of calories burnt can be calculated from a calorie calculator. Although several factors will determine the total number of calories burnt such as:
- Walking speed: Keep your speed or pace fast if you want to burn more calories.
- Distance covered: More distance covered is directly proportional to more calories burned.
- Terrain: Walking uphill helps in burning more calories as compared to a plain or flat surface.
2. Improves heart health
Regularly following the target of 30 minutes of walking is enough to reduce the risk of heart disease. Hence, to strengthen your heart all you need is only a routine walk.
3. Controls the blood sugar
To lower your blood sugar, you can go for short walks of 15 minutes after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
4. Strengthen the muscles
To protect your joints and knees from any severe issues like pain, or arthritis, set a routine of walking. It helps in lubricating and strengthening your muscles.
5. Builds immunity
To reduce the risks of a cold or flu, you need to walk at a moderate pace. As per the study, adults who walk for at least 30 to 45 minutes a day have less chance of getting infected during flu season.
For weight loss, you can set the goals at the starting point and then gradually increase the timing, speed, and intensity for better outcomes. Furthermore, do not forget to consider your current fitness level, diet plan, and overall health while setting walking goals. Walking is a boon for all those who want to lose weight. This simple activity is a perfect exercise to lower blood pressure and cholesterol, relieve everyday stresses, and boost your memory, reduce your risk for heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and more.
Last but not least, wear comfortable clothes, and supportive shoes and choose an appropriate place for walking. And for this regular walk for weight loss activity, include a balanced or nutritious diet as well.