The immune system is the hero of your body. Doctors Say Wearing A Mask Hurts Your Immune System, But is it true? Let’s discuss the facts behind it. You know that it is mandatory to wear a mask to prevent this pandemic virus’s invasion in this coronavirus time. When a harmful pathogen enters the body, it activates the immune system and produces the specific antigens against the allergen. If you prevent an allergen’s invasion by wearing a mask, your body will never get immunity against that particular allergen or bacteria and virus.
Wearing A Mask Hurts Your Immune System theory is not only the way to prevent microbes entrance in the body. There are some other ways of microbes entrance than inhalation. Well, the microbes can enter the body while you eat food which is not appropriately sterilized. Most of the fruits contain microbes inside or outside them. In that case, mask-wearing will not help you from that harmful virus or bacteria.
What is our Breathing Process
Breathing is a vital step in life. In this process, the lungs take oxygen and expel carbon dioxide. This process is critical to stay alive or save your lungs from a breathing disorder. When you continuously wear a mask, it will affect the breathing process. There is no proper gas exchange in the lungs because of wearing masks. When you breathe, instead of leaving the carbon dioxide out, you send it back inside your lungs due to the face masks or face cover. This process leads to excessive carbon dioxide buildup in the lungs.
Ineffective gas exchange affects the lung cell and tissues. Due to that, body cells and organs will not get adequate amounts of oxygen for their function. This problem will aggregate, and it may cause respiratory failure and other vital organ damage. Wearing A Mask Hurts Your Immune System theory is based on the hypothesis that the mask prevents microbes’ entrance and weakens your immune system. It lowers the body’s ability to fight against the disease. In the orange country, California, a video gets viral on mandatory mask-wearing. A lady said she was afraid of wearing a mask because masks make her want to rebreathe carbon dioxide. And it will affect her health.
Her words were, “you are telling me that I have to breathe in CO2 when God gave us the ability to extract that from my body, now you want me to put it back in my body.” Mask decreases your oxygen intake and increases the toxins build up in the body. Infectious diseases specialists or Doctors Say Wearing A Mask Hurts Your Immune System makes people uncomfortable and a little claustrophobic. Along with the benefits of wearing a mask, there are some harmful effects as well. Continuous use of shows may cause various health problems like asthma, bronchitis, breathing difficulty, respiratory distress, and respiratory failure.
Wearing Mask Can Cause Respiratory Distress
The disease condition of lungs in which fluid is filled in air sacs due to excessive carbon dioxide buildup. This problem causes organ failure because of a lack of oxygen supply to other organs of the body. Continuously use masks, causing breathing-related issues, and you may get respiratory distress problems.
Causes of Respiratory Distress
- Blood infection
- Improper gas exchange
- Lung infection
- Overuse of sedatives
- Inhalation of toxic or poisonous gases or substances.
What are the main symptoms you may feel in respiratory distress are shown below
- Labored breathing pattern
- General body weakness
- Blue discoloration of nails, lips, and skin.
- Increased heart rate
- Mentally confused
- Shortness of breathing
Stop using an office mask for a prolonged period and prevent you from various lung diseases like asthma and respiratory distress. Face covering with a mask is not beneficial for everyone, such as children below two years age, the person with a troubled breathing process, and the unconscious patient. Wearing a mask causes asthma, and it may lead to death because of improper gas exchange.
Side Effects of Wearing Masks
- When you are wearing a mask, the exhaled air goes into your eyes. It generates an impulse to touch your eye or face. Unfortunately, if your hands are contaminated, you will get eye infection quickly.
- A mask can disturb your comfort because too many tight face masks hurt your face and ear. And you may feel breathing difficulty and excessive sweating or moisture.
- Wearing a face mask can affect your proper airflow because face masks make your breathing process more difficult. For COPD patients wearing masks is life-threatening because it decreases the airflow and worsens their breathlessness.
- While you drive a motorbike with a mask on, the warm air exhaled makes your glasses foggy. That sometimes leads to road accidents because of bifocal shootings.
- It can foster you as a false sense of security because it is not a bulletproof cover or batman’s face mask that will protect you from coronavirus.
- It is increasing the risk of getting other chronic health problems.
- The continuous use of masks causes skin redness or irritation.
- Suppose the children under 2years of age come in contact with a used mask or other face covering. It will affect their health.
You are well known for this thing that overuse of anything can be harmful. To protect your lungs from toxicity, and stay healthy, limit the use of a face mask and allow your lungs to breathe naturally without any obstruction.do some deep breathing exercise. Use natural ingredients to soothe respiratory systems like Ginger, Black Pepper, Holy Basil, Cinnamon, and Licorice. Steam also helps in healing the respiratory system.